Lando is designed to work on a wide range of computers. Here are some basic guidelines to ensure your Lando experience is as smooth as possible.
- macOS 11 or later
- Windows 10 Home or Pro version 21H2 or higher with the WSL 2 feature enabled
- Linux with kernel version 4.x or higher
Docker Engine Requirements
Please also verify you meet the requirements needed to run our Docker engine backend. Note that the macOS and Windows Lando installer will install Docker for you if needed.
- Docker Engine for Linux requirements
- Docker Desktop for Mac requirements
- Docker Desktop for Windows requirements
Not for the faint of heart!
Note that Lando is basically a PaaS running on your computer and as such we don't recommend you use it UNLESS YOU'VE GOT POWER!!!.
You can run Lando using the below but your experience may be less than ideal.
- 2-core x86-compat processor
- 4GB+ RAM
- 25GB+ of available disk space
We've found the below or better to deliver the best experience.
- 8-core processor
- 16GB+ RAM
- 100GB+ of available disk space
- Verify that your system meets the minimum system and hardware requirements to run Lando.
- Verify that you are connected to the internet.
- Verify that you have administrative access to your machine.
- If you already have Docker installed it needs to be set to factory defaults.
- If you are also running VirtualBox on Windows check out this.